MATURA has received extra funding for emergency cooling, up to $350 for ACs where
medically necessary. First come first serve basis until the funding runs out. Contact
your local Outreach Director.
1. Client must provide a doctor's note (medically necessary proof).
2. Client must have applied and been approved for LIHEAP.
3. Only homeowners are eligible for assistance on central-AC unit - repair/purchase.
4. Renters must have a signed landlord approval statement before receiving 1 window AC.
5. Only one unit can be purchased per household every two years.
6. Fans may be purchased.
Head Start Applications Now Being Accepted
* Classrooms in Bedford, Corning, Creston, Mount Ayr, and Winterset
* Full-day options available at no cost for those meeting
* Education, health and nutrition services available
for children and families
Call Head Start at 641-782-6201
WIC - Special supplemental nutrition program:
* Infants and children up to 5 years old and;
*Pregnant, postpartum or breastfeeding women
* Nutrition education, healthy food, health care referrals,
to set up appointment or for more information
Welcome to MATURA Action Corporation
MATURA is the region’s primary agency for services striving to eliminate the causes and conditions of poverty.
MATURA is the designated Community Action Agency for the counties of Madison, Adair, Taylor, Union, Ringgold, and Adams. MATURA also provides some services beyond the six core counties. The links above detail our programs and services.
We urge our customers to visit us at our many locations across the region. If you have any questions at any time, or would prefer to speak with one of our staff, please call us! (641) 782-8431
Thank you for visiting our site. We look forward to serving you!
Click here to see MATURA Action Corporation’s FY2016 Annual Report
Click here to view MATURA’s IRS Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax